Maybe you rent and can't change your wall color. Or, maybe you own a home but your walls are too neutral and you feel like something is missing. Original art, regardless of the style you choose, is important to own. Here are my top 5 reasons why you should own original art and hang it proudly.
5. Art allows people to express their individuality. Sure, you could pick up some canvas art at a big box store, but wouldn't it be more fun to own something nobody else has? You wouldn't want to wear the same out fit your buddy is wearing, why would you want the same art above your bed?
4. Art teaches us to explore, think, and be creative. Remember when you were a kid and you loved art? We all used to color and draw and get really excited when our art made it to the fridge. Reconnect with your imagination.
3. Art humanizes and personalizes our work and home spaces. Without art our walls would be empty. Your cubicle needs something to make you smile. A world void of art would be a sad, sad world.
2. Art is an investment. An original piece of art will increase in value as time goes on. The same can't be said about that shirt you bought yesterday. It's also an investment in your community. You are supporting your local artists, not some big business CEO who has 2 vacation homes and a yacht.
1. Art connects us. There is something about knowing someone handmade what you own vs. buying a mass produced item probably made by a machine. Plus, it's easier than ever to buy affordable art from all over the world.
I'm Jackie, an artist, illustrator, and friend to ghosts, monsters, and aliens. This blog is full of DIY projects, stories, and things I think are cool. Stay weird.